230 miles latter and I have arrived home after yesterdays trip to DDDSW conference in Bristol, UK. DDDSW stands for DeveloperDeveloperDevelop South West which is a free conference organised for developers by developers.
This year was the fifth DDDSW conference which also happened to be my first year in attendance. In-short, it was a professionally organised event with great sessions on a multitude of topics which I would fully recommend. Below are the five sessions I selected and attended:
- Steve Sanderson - Architecting large single page applications with Knockout.js
- Ashic Mahtab - Complexity => Simplicity
- Colin Angus Mackay - Introduction to S.O.L.I.D
- Gary Short - Hadoop and Big Data for Microsoft developers
- James Crowley - 10 things I learnt about web application security being pen tested by banks
My two favorite sessions were those on Hadoop (4) and Web application security (5) although I did take away newly learnt knowledge from all of the sessions as well as adding a few items to my personal development list.
I would like to end this post with a BIG thank you to all the organises, speakers and sponsors of DDDSW who made it all possible! Already looking forward to DDDSW next year too.
Posted on general